Skin Peels for Younger, Clearer Skin at Retreat Clinic Aesthetics & Beauty Salon in Staines-upon-Thames
Modern skin peels are a highly effective treatment for brightening your skin, reducing age spots and sun damage and softening fine lines and wrinkles.
At Retreat Clinic aesthetics & beauty salon in Staines, we work with a range of skin peels from Toskani, a company with over 30 years experience in researching and developing aesthetic medical cosmetics. We are fully trained in administering chemical peels and will assess your suitability for treatment during an in-depth initial consultation at our Clinic in Staines-upon-Thames.
The Best Specialist Chemical Skin Peels in Your Area
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a skin treatment technique used to treat a range of skin conditions. It involves using a chemical solution to accelerate the renewal of the skin’s cells, causing older, dead cells to peel off from the skin’s surface. New regenerated skin is revealed beneath, which is smoother, lighter and less wrinkled than the old skin. Please note that this new skin will be temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
What are the benefits of a skin peel?
Some of the benefits of a skin peel include:
- An improvement to the overall tone and texture of your skin
- A lightening and brightening of your skin
- A reduction in age spots and sun damage
- A reduction in pore size
- Softer fine lines and wrinkles
- A reduction in hyperpigmentation and acne scars
- An improvement in acne skin conditions and melasma
- Firmer skin.
What happens during a chemical peel?
A skin evaluation by a qualified professional is essential before a chemical peel is carried out. Book in for a consultation at our Staines clinic and we will fully assess your skin condition and concerns before advising you on the most approrpriate treatment. Before having a chemical peel, some patients need to follow a pre-peel skin care plan for 2 or 4 weeks. We will advise you of this at your initial consultation.
The video below shows the stages involved in a chemical peel treatment:
How does the peeling process work?
Prior to a chemical peel, your skin needs to be prepared with a product that is able to degrease the surface. After this, a chemical acid solution is applied to the skin surface and left there for a specific period of time so that the product can act on the skin. After this time, another chemical solution is applied to neutralise the traces of the acid that raise the pH of the skin to counteract the effects of the acids. Over the following 1 to 14 days, depending on how deep the chemical peel has been, the skin surface peels off. This procedure destroys part of the skin cell connections in a controlled way, so that renewed and healthy skin can grow.
How long does a chemical peel treatment take?
The Toskani Cosmetics peels we use as Retreat Clinic are superficial peels which treat only the outer layer of the skin and gently exfoliate it. Superficial peel procedures take only approximately 30 minutes, which is why they are sometimes called “lunch time peels“.
Toskani – The Latest In Skin Peels at Retreat Clinic in Staines-upon-Thames
We offer a range of chemical peels at Retreat Clinic, and will advise you at your initial consultation on the most appropriate treatment for your particular skin type and concerns. Skin Peels available include:
- The Glycolic Chemical Peel designed to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots & acne scars. Suitable for all skin types.
- The Photo-Aging Chemical Peel designed to lessen the visible signs of sun damage and even the skin tone, tackling dull and sagging skin plus mild to moderate wrinkles.
- The Purifying Chemical Peel designed to offer a complete solution for acne sufferers. Also tackles folliculitis and hyperkeratosis.
- The Radiance Chemical Peel offers a lasting lightening and brightening effect, diminishing the visible signs of photo-damage, age spots, melasma and solar lentigo.
- The Rejuvenating Chemical Peel revitalises the skin and offers a lifting effect, improving the appearance of moderate and more advanced wrinkles and acne scars.
Book A Skin Peel Consultation at Retreat Clinic in Staines upon Thames
If you are interested in finding out more about skin peels, please call us on 01784 776119 or alternatively, you can book online.