Electrolysis Hair Removal Experts in Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey
Electrolysis hair removal is an excellent alternative to laser treatments. In a process reasonably similar to acupuncture, a tiny probe, which is the width of a hair, is used to administer the treatment. This helps to achieve almost permanent hair removal, as the root of the hair is completely destroyed. Visit us, in Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey, for an excellent service today.
Electrolysis Specialists in Your Area
You should limit any hair removal that involves removing the hair from the root for at least four weeks before treatment. This includes:
Sun exposure should also be avoided for two weeks before and after the treatment. Prior to the treatment, please advise us if you have used any active skincare products or had any recent facial or skin treatments on the area.
- It is normal for the treated area to be red and slightly swollen following electrolysis. These conditions usually disappear in a couple of hours, but do occasionally last longer. These post-treatment care suggestions should be followed for at least the first 72 hours after treatment.
- In general, avoid any kind of activity that would subject the treated skin to irritating conditions while it is in the healing stage. Keep the area(s) clean with alcohol, witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide, soap and water, or other suitable antiseptics. If you experience any swelling, you can apply ice to the treated area(s).
- Keep your hands away from the area. If any pimples or scabs appear following treatment, tell your electrologist about them. Do not pick at them!
- Do not use any abrasive scrubbing action on the treated area.
- Do not visit a tanning salon 24 hours before or after treatment. You should also avoid sunburn on the treated area.
- Don’t use any heavy creams or any type of AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids) or similar products for 48 hours after treatment. Use these with caution prior to treatment.
- Don’t submerge the area in hot tubs and avoid swimming in rivers or lakes for 48 hours after treatment.
- Be sure to use sunscreen! Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours after treatment.
Book Your Electrolysis Hair Removal Appointment at Retreat Clinic Beauty Salon in Staines-on-Thames
For a complimentary hair removal consultation or to book an electrolysis appointment, please call us on 01784 776119. Alternatively, you can use our online booking system here.